Registration: To register for a trip, please call Inland Empire Tours, (509) 747-1335 or (888) 654-8367, to verify space is available. Since we sometimes have cancellations, it's o.k. to call after the RSVP date. We may have an opening available for you at the last minute.
Here’re some helpful travel tips that might save some agony:
1. Sign up earlier for your travel trips. Air travel fills up earlier and the price increases the closer to the travel date.
2. Don’t apply hand lotion before going through airport security. Some hand lotions and soaps contain glycerines. Using them may get you a groping search at the airport. These chemicals are found in many hand lotions but also in the family of nitrates sometimes used to make bombs.
3. Look backwards every time you standup or move. It is easy to leave your jacket, gloves or purse behind.
4. Separate some of your money and credit cards. Travel can be awful if you lose everything at once.
5. Scan your important documents. Scan your passport, travel documents, etc. and email to yourself. If you luggage gets lost, you still have access to copies.
6. Get travel insurance if traveling abroad. If you get sick or injured out of country, it can cost $10,000’s. Our office can help you get a quote over the phone.
7. Get vaccinated. Visit your doctor before you leave to get all the relevant vaccinations/immunizations for the destinations you’re visiting, and to learn what health precautions you should be aware of.
8. Avoid Public Displays of Affluence. Leave your best jewelry home. Don’t be boasting what things cost.
9. Don’t give money to beggars. Don’t give away money to people on the street. Apart from the fact that you may have to get your wallet/purse out, encouraging begging is not the most efficient use of your money (and goodwill).
Thought for the Day: “When you look like your passport photo, it’s time to go home.” Erma Bombeck (1927-1996)
Visiting Canada for day or overnight trips: Trips across the border require either a current passport or an enhanced driver's license or enhanced ID card. We submit pre-crossing lists to the border patrol that include your legal name (as it is on your picture ID), your birthdate, gender, and state of residency. Visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/index.asp to check for possible reasons you might not be admitted, including a DUI in your past.
Overnight Trips: As of Sept 1, 1996, for overnight trips, 50% of payment is due at time of registration. The remainder is due by the RSVP date. Passengers seeking to cancel for any reason including medical or family reasons are subject to the following cancellation fees (unless you have travel insurance)
Day Excursions: For day trips, payment in full is due at time of registration or by the RSVP date. Cancellation before 72 hours of event will be subject to $10 handling fee and all non-refundable fees to us. Cancellations for any reason within 72 hours are totally nonrefundable.
Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend travel cancellation insurance. It covers trip cancellation, trip interruption, trip delay, missed connection, baggage and personal effects loss, baggage delay, medical expenses, and emergency medical transportation. Preexisting medical conditions are waived if you purchase this within 7 days of initial trip payment.
Responsibility: Situations may arise which, in the opinion of Inland Empire Tours, make it necessary to cancel, advance or postpone a scheduled departure, change itineraries and make substitutions involving hotels, restaurants, other travel components, vehicles, or other modes of transportation. If this should occur, Inland Empire Tours does not assume responsibility or liability for any losses, inconvenience, or expenses incurred by passengers as a result. Your full tour fare will be refunded, however, if the trip is canceled prior to initial embarkation. Inland Empire Events is not required to make refunds once travel commences regardless of the reason for the passengers being unable to complete his or her travel.
Furthermore, Inland Empire Events & Tours reserves the right to decline, to accept, or retain any person as a member of the tour at any time.Tipping Guidelines:
Many of you have asked about tipping. Here are some guidelines published in a tour guide reference book:
When Service Charge is included, for service above average a small extra tip is suggested.
Inland Empire Events and Tours
Phone: (509) 747-1335 Email: email@example.com
Inland Empire Tours recommends purchasing travel insurance for your peace of mind on overnight trips. Some of our multiple night trips include insurance in the cost of the trip, and insurance is listed in the trip package details. A link to Travel Guard insurance is provided below if you are interested in purchasing insurance for other trips.